Here are the songs I’ve had on repeat since the start of the year!
- Alessia Cara – River of Tears; WOW WOW WOW What a lyricist, this song is just so rggh a good rggh because words don’t describe the quality of this song. Every line is perfect, it’s about giving yourself wholly to someone and then losing them. My favourite line would definitely have to be the quote at the end of this post!
- Charlie Puth – River; a soft jazzy sound for Charlie which I obviously liked because I played it far too many times.
- Ed Sheeran – Castle On The Hill; great to have some new music from Ed he’s just a classic story teller with a good beat, this one started out as my favourite of the first two released songs
- Ed Sheeran – Shape of You; now this one is slowly taking over
- The Weeknd – I Feel It Coming; a really catchy tune. Every time I hear The Weeknd I’m reminded of Michael Jackson, I love his music and I think his the next artist I would love to see in concert.
- Lukas Graham – You’re Not There; such an open song, this band has a way of putting themselves all out there and making themselves vulnerable. I love the song and think it’s a nice tribute to anyone whose left the world too soon.
- Zayn & Taylor Swift – I Don’t Wanna Live Forever; I love a good duet, who doesn’t? I love the high notes from Zayn, I love the singing-talk from Taylor at the start of her verse.
- Peking Duk Feat. Elliphant – Stranger; This is a weird one because I love the beat and the chorus but it takes me a while to recognise the song when it’s on the radio, but sometimes one line is enough to make you love a song.
- Neiked – Sexual; Those high notes though! Fun song that I find myself trying and failing miserably to sing a long to. I wonder how it sounds live?
- Steve Aoki & Louis Tomlinson – Just Hold On; I don’t know much about Steve Aoki but when I first heard these two had a song together I thought “that’s going to be odd, isn’t it?”. I can assure it’s not, it’s a great first solo endeavor by Louis from One Direction. I always thought he had the weakest vocals of the group but he has used them to his advantage here. Great song and message.
“I thought that you would be the hero come and save the day, but you’re a villain”
– Alessia Cara